By Celia Spegel
Is IQOS less harmful than cigarettes?
On average, IQOS generates 95% lower levels of harmful chemicals compared to cigarettes.*
*Average reductions in levels of a broad range of harmful chemicals (excluding nicotine) compared to the smoke of a reference cigarette (3R4F)
Based on extensive scientific evidence so far, switching to IQOS completely is likely to present less risk to your health than to continue smoking. However, IQOS is not risk free and it’s not for non-smokers or minors: we’re always very clear to state these facts.
Does IQOS contain nicotine?
Yes, IQOS has a nicotine profile comparable to cigarettes. Nicotine is naturally present in the tobacco used in HEETS tobacco sticks.
What does the red light mean on IQOS?
If your IQOS device has a steady or blinking red light, then it may not be charged properly or at the wrong temperature. Reset it and try again
How long does it take to fully charge an IQOS?
- IQOS 3 pocket charger =120 minutes (from a wall socket)
- IQOS 3 MULTI = 75 minutes
- IQOS 2.4 Plus = 120 minutes
How long does the IQOS battery last?
- IQOS 3 and IQOS 2.4 Plus = up to 20 sessions
- IQOS 3 MULTI = up to10 sessions
How do you use IQOS cigarettes?
HEETS tobacco sticks are not cigarettes and you cannot use cigarettes in IQOS device. HEETS tobacco sticks are specifically designed to only be used with IQOS.
How do you turn IQOS on?
- Turn the charger on by pressing down the button for 4 seconds.
- Open the door and put the holder in. A light will flash to show it’s charging.
- Remove the holder and insert the HEETS tobacco stick.
- Press the button on the holder until you’ve two vibrations and a solid white light.
How do you remove HEETS from IQOS?
- Slide up the holder cap.
- Gently remove the HEETS tobacco stick.
(Note: Never take a HEETS tobacco stick out directly by itself otherwise tobacco stays inside the heating blade and could damage it.)
What do I do if the HEETS tobacco gets stuck?
Tap the holder gently on the table. This should loosen the stuck tobacco, but you may also need to gently use a paper clip to extract any remaining particles.
How do you use the IQOS cleaner?
- Let the IQOS holder cool down
- Remove the cap and tap to clear out any loose tobacco
- Insert the long brush from the IQOS cleaning kit into the holder and twist one way several times
- Carefully wipe the heating blade with an IQOS cleaning stick
How often should I clean my IQOS?
Each time you finish a pack of HEETS. Otherwise your HEETS may taste different and the charging time could be affected.