Important Information about IQOS
PMI offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products that are much better choices than continued smoking. Our vision is that our smoke-free products will one day replace cigarettes.
- Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- PMI’s smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
- We do not offer PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
- Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
Please read more about Good Conversion Practices for PMI’s smoke-free products
Prior to use of a product, users should read the full Safety Warnings & Instructions, which contain important safety information about the use of the product.
Please read more on important information in FAQ here
You will find consumer communication around the website that come from the following sources:
Studies* showed that the satisfaction of those who switched completely to IQOS is comparable to those who continued to smoke cigarettes. *Source: 3 month clinical studies conducted in US and Japan with 160 adult smokers each under real conditions (ambulatory).
IQOS leaves significantly less stains on your teeth* than cigarettes.
Important information: If teeth are already stained, switching to IQOS will not reverse the colour of those stains.
* Source: non-clinical laboratory study conducted in Switzerland with human teeth and the most widely used dental composites. Contrary to real world conditions, teeth were not exposed to other staining substances such as coffee, tea or wine, which may influence the results.
Smokers who switched to IQOS say that there is less unpleasant feeling and aftertaste left in their mouth compared to after finishing smoking a cigarette*
* Source: Online survey conducted by third-party research agencies in 2015, 2016 and 2017 among 3.344 IQOS users in Japan, Switzerland, Italy, Romania and Russia.
|Use of Tobacco and Nicotine||Use of HEETS|