- No ash: Since the tobacco is heated instead of burned, no ash is produced.
- No fire: Since the tobacco is only heated, no fire can be produced.
- No smell of cigarette smoke: Instead of cigarette smoke, IQOS produces a tobacco aerosol.
- Up to 95% fewer toxicants: Compared to a cigarette*. That’s because the tobacco is heated and not burned.
* Important information: The reduction of harmful substances is not to be equated with a reduction of risk. IQOS is not risk-free. Average reduction in the levels of a range of harmful chemicals from IQOS (9 so-called “priority toxicants” identified by the WHO) compared to the smoke from a reference cigarette (3R4F). Based on Health Canada’s Intense Smoking Regime without nicotine.