Important information about IQOS and HEETS
- Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- PMI’s IQOS products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
- We do not offer PMI’s novel tobacco products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
- Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
Safety Warnings and Instructions
Tobacco and Nicotine
- HEETS tobacco sticks contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- IQOS and HEETS tobacco sticks are not risk-free. The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Some users of IQOS and HEETS tobacco sticks reported experiencing abdominal pain, chest pain, choking sensation, cough, difficulty breathing, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, gingivitis, headache, malaise, nasal stuffiness, nausea, mouth irritation, palpitations, throat irritation, and vomiting.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart disease, are diabetic, are epileptic, or are experiencing seizures.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Stopping smoking or switching to IQOS and HEETS tobacco sticks or other nicotine-containing products may require the adjustment of the dosing of certain medicines (e.g. theophylline, clozapine, ropinirole).
- If you have questions about whether you should use IQOS and HEETS tobacco sticks given an existing health condition, consult a health care professional.
Exclusive Use of HEETS tobacco sticks
- Only purchase IQOS and HEETS tobacco sticks from your local or online IQOS stores or other authorized retailers.
- Only use IQOS with HEETS tobacco sticks. Never use IQOS with a cigarette or similar products that are not approved for usage with IQOS. Doing so may result in injury.
- Do not modify HEETS tobacco sticks in any way or add any substance to HEETS tobacco sticks. Doing so may result in injury.
Prior to use of a product, users should read the full Safety Warnings & Instructions, which contain important safety information about the use of the product.
Safety Warnings & Instructions for IQOS 3 Multi [[insert PDF IQOS 3 multi user guide for Download]|https://d1gcdzgxztc6nw.cloudfront.net/images/3-1/pdf/IQOS_2.4_Plus_User_Guide_EN.pdf]
Most Frequent Questions regarding Important Information
How do you measure IQOS emissions compared to the smoke of a 3R4F cigarette?
The percentage refers to the average reduction of the levels of certain constituents prioritized for action by renowned public health organizations such as the WHO and the US FDA found in IQOS tobacco vapor compared to the smoke from a 3R4F reference cigarette. To this effect, we collect the tobacco vapor and smoke under the Health Canada Intense machine-smoking regime (55 mL puff volume, 2 second puff duration, 30 second interval puff) using a comparison on a per stick basis. Reduction calculations exclude nicotine.
How do you measure the number of IQOS users?
We use PMI Financials or estimates, IQOS user panels and PMI Market Research. The number of total users we report refers to IQOS users for whom HEETS tobacco sticks represent at least 5% of their daily tobacco consumption over the past 7 days, while the number of people we estimate have completely quit cigarette smoking refers to IQOS users who have completely quit cigarettes and for whom HEETS tobacco sticks represent at least 70% of their past 7-day heated tobacco consumption.
What is this 3R4F cigarette you refer to?
It is a cigarette independently designed by the University of Kentucky in the US for scientific research purposes. It is a comparator commonly used in tobacco research, which allows the data of a given study to be compared to that of another study. 3R4F research cigarettes are not commercially available to consumers.