Important information about IQOS
PMI offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products that are much better choices than continued smoking. Our vision is that our smoke-free products will one day replace cigarettes.
GOOD CONVERSION PRACTICES FOR PMI’s SMOKE-FREE PRODUCTS
1. Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
2. PMI’s smoke-free products are for adults at least 21 years old and above who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
3. We do not offer PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
4. PMI’s smoke-free products are not risk free and contain nicotine, which is addictive. Switching to a smoke-free product is, however, a much better choice than smoking.
5. We support our adult smoke-free product users in their journey to full conversion through education and guidance.
6. For consumers to experience the benefits of smoke-free products, they must switch completely and abandon smoking permanently.
7. Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
8. Pregnant women, diabetics and people with heart problems should not use any tobacco or nicotine product.
IQOS is for adult men and women who would otherwise continue to use tobacco or nicotine products.
IQOS is not for people who have never smoked or who have quit tobacco and nicotine use.
IQOS not an alternative to quitting tobacco and nicotine use.
To experience the benefit of IQOS, adult smokers should switch to IQOS completely and abandon cigarettes permanently.
Tobacco and its effects
IQOS is not risk-free.
Heatsticks contain nicotine, which is addictive.
The best way to reduce tobacco related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
|Nicotine||Only for use by adults|
Nicotine is naturally present in the tobacco used in heatsticks.
Nicotine is addictive and may cause side-effects similar to those associated with other nicotine-containing products, like headache, nausea, or throat irritation. If you experience these symptoms stop using heatsticks and consult a health care professional.
IQOS is not for people who have heart problems or are diabetic.
IQOS should not be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether and consult a health care professional.
IQOS is intended for adults 21 years old and above.
Children and adolescents should not use IQOS under any circumstances.