Important information about IQOS
- IQOS is for men and women who would otherwise continue to use tobacco or nicotine products.
- IQOS is not for people who have never smoked or who have quit tobacco and nicotine use.
- IQOS is not an alternative to quitting tobacco and nicotine use.
- To experience the benefit of IQOS, adult smokers should switch to IQOS completely and abandon cigarettes permanently.
IQOS Important Notice
PMI offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products that are much better choices than continued smoking. Our vision is that our smoke-free products will one day replace cigarettes.
Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether. PMI’s smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products. PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products.
Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids. Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form. Please read more about Good Conversion Practices for PMI’s smoke-free products here.
Warnings & Instructions
- Tobacco and Nicotine HEETS contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- IQOS and HEETS are not risk-free.
- The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart disease, are diabetic, are epileptic, or are experiencing seizures.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- If you have questions about whether you should use IQOS and HEETS given an existing health condition, consult a health care professional.
Exclusive Use of HEETS
Only purchase IQOS and HEETS from your local or online IQOS stores or other authorized retailers. Only use IQOS with HEETS. Never use IQOS with a cigarette or similar products that are not approved for usage with IQOS.
Do not modify HEETS in any way or add any substance to HEETS. Doing so may result in injury.
Prior to use of a product, users should read the full Instructions, which contain important information about the use of the product.
Please read more on important information in FAQ here.
You will find consumer communication around the website that come from the following sources:
Studies* showed that the satisfaction of those who switched completely to IQOS is comparable to those who continued to smoke cigarettes.
*Source: 3 month clinical studies conducted in US and Japan with 160 adult smokers each under real conditions (ambulatory).
IQOS leaves significantly less stains on your teeth* than cigarettes. Important information: If teeth are already stained, switching to IQOS will not reverse the color of those stains.
*Source: non-clinical laboratory study conducted in Switzerland with human teeth and the most widely used dental composites. Contrary to real world conditions, teeth were not exposed to other staining substances such as coffee, tea or wine, which may influence the results.
Smokers who switched to IQOS say that there is less unpleasant feeling and aftertaste left in their mouth compared to after finishing smoking a cigarette*
*Source: Online survey conducted by third-party research agencies in 2015, 2016 and 2017 among 3.344 IQOS users in Japan, Switzerland, Italy, Romania and Russia.
Tobacco and health effects
- IQOS is not risk-free.
- HEETS tobacco sticks contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- The best way to reduce tobacco related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
|Nicotine||Children and adolescents|